Figs are a fruit native to the European and Middle Eastern regions that have been a part of traditional diets for thousands of years. Today they are widely available and popular around the world. Figs contain antioxidants, which can help to reduce inflammation throughout the body and prevent various disease.
Figs and almonds are very nutritious and combination with green leafy and green herbs go very well. Fig has so many health benefits. Versatile and oh-so-delicious, figs are the luscious fruit we want with our yogurt at breakfast, salads and mizzled on the cake at dessert.
I personally love fig very much.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: –
- 4 cups mixed green leafy salad leaves
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoon mint
- 1tablespoon basil leaves
- 5 figs, cut into a halved
- 2 tablespoon salted caramel almonds or salted almonds
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yacon syrup
- salt to taste
- Freshly crushed peppers
- Make the dressing. Whisk all of the ingredients together and set aside.
- Assemble the salads. In a large bowl toss the mixed greens, arugula and herbs with the dressing. Divide evenly between 2 plates or bowl. Then top adds 1 tablespoon salted caramel almonds or salted almonds on each plate or bowl.
- Serve immediately.