Hummus is an Arabic dip famous in the Middle East and Middle Eastern cuisines around the world. It’s my personal all-time favourite and I enjoy having hummus with freshly baked Arabic pita bread. Hummus is protein-packed healthy food and I’ve made it even healthier and tastier by adding a few more ingredients – Spinach, Dill, pines, and Feta. Enjoy!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups can chickpeas, drained and rinse
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cup baby spinach leaves, blanched and drained
- 100gm feta cheese
- 1/4 pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dill sprigs, plus extra chopped to serve
- freshly crushed sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, spinach, feta, pine nuts, dill, salt, pepper, in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place on a serving plate and sprinkle with extra dill, pine nuts, and pepper, Drizzle with oil and serve with Arabic pita bread or carrots and cucumber/vegetables.