Butter chicken Or Murgh Makhani is an Indian dish popular worldwide. My husband can’t stand any nonvegetarian food with gravy and my daughter kind of inherited the same. Well, I changed that with my delicious Butter chicken. Nea loves it a lot and this is now cooked regularly at home for her and her cousins Nihee and Nishka.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 300 gm chicken breast boneless
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon red chilly powder (optional)
- salt to taste
- oil to pan fry
For The Gravy:
- 500gms roughly slit tomatoes
- 100gms Roughly cut onions
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 50gms cashew
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder (optional)
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon cream
- 2 tablespoon malt vinegar / 1.5 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt to taste
- coriander for garnish
- Marinate the chicken with ginger paste, garlic paste, red chili powder and salt and keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a pan, heat some oil then pan-fry the marinated chicken pieces in it. Once done, place it in a bowl.
- In the same pan add onion, oil, a spoonful of butter and once the onions are cooked, add tomatoes and cashew nuts.
- Add some water and garlic paste, salt, malt vinegar, sugar, garam masala powder and chili powder. Evenly mix it and let it simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Churn the mixture into a fine puree.
- Strain it back into the same pan, make sure there is minimal wastage.
- Add butter, cream, chicken and kasoori methi and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with cream and coriander.