My daughter loves Chicken Tikka and she loves Chicken Shawarma as well. So I thought why can I create a new dish Chicken Tikka Shawarma and I made it and it turns out really tasty. Who loves Indian food and Arabic food its a combination of 2 different varieties in one.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
For Chicken Tikka Marinade:
- 1kg Organic Chicken breast boneless hormones free
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon roasted gram powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
For Shawarma Toppings:
- 12 Mini Arabic bread
- 1 cup mix pickle
- 2 cup Lebanese garlic paste
- 2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Olives
Instructions For Chicken Tikka:
- Wash and make small chunks of chicken for marinade.
- In a big bowl take yogurt and add roasted gram powder, ginger-garlic paste, ground mace and nutmeg, turmeric, chilly powder, coriander cumin powder, garam masala, black pepper and salt. Mix all together nicely and add mustard oil and chicken. Mix altogether well. Keep it in the fridge for overnight.
- If you don’t have time to marinade for overnight you can do marinade for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease two rimmed baking sheets, or line them with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Shake excess marinade off the chicken, then distribute the pieces between the pans. ( Or thread chicken on skewers so it’s easier to turn while cooking. be sure to wash hands after, due to the hot peppers in the marinade.) Bake 20 minutes, turning once.
Instruction For Making Shawarma:
- Make small pieces for chicken to keep in the shawarma.
- Slit and open a little part from Arabic bread, spread garlic paste, then place parsley, onion, pickles and add some chicken.
- Enjoy with Olives, extra garlic paste and pickles on side.
- Serve hot!