Poha originated from Maharastra, India. Batata poha is Traditional Gujarati Snack…Poha is easily available at tea shops and other restaurants. Batata poha is tasty snack which you can be made any time of the day, Breakfast, supper or midnight 🙂
My Husband’s all-time Favourite!! He likes to eat with tea at 4 pm normally or for breakfast.
Total Time: 18 minutes
Preparation Time:8 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
- 3 cups flattened rice
- 1 potato, cut in to cubes
- 1 teaspoon green chilly paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon crushed peanuts
- 2 stick curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- freshly chopped coriander
- for garnish pomegranate
- Wash flattened rice, keep in a strainer to take out all water.
- Wash and cut potato cubes.
- Put the nonstick pot on the stove and heat the oil. Add mustard seeds and once it starts to crackle, add asafetida and curry leaves then add potato cubes, crushed peanuts, and sesame seeds. Add a pinch of salt in the potato cubes and let it cook.
- Add green chilly, ginger paste and turmeric powder and sauté.
- Add flattened rice and put salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Once its done, turn off the heat.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander and pomegranate.