Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals. Dates are high in natural sugars like glucose, fructose, and sucrose. They are the perfect snack for an immediate burst of energy. These energy bars are perfect for a mid-afternoon snack or you can even carry it on the go. You can have a snack ready for those sudden hunger cravings.
My husband is very always very concerned about food items that are choking hazard for my daughter. He noticed that I was giving Nea dry fruits to snack on and that upset him and got him to come up with this wonderful idea of making our own energy bar with only the tastiest and healthiest ingredients.
The energy bar is very healthy, tasty and no additives or sugar.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: –
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pistachio
- 1/4 cup walnut
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup rose petals
- 2 cups Medjool dates
- Dry roast all the nuts for a few minutes. This will give a nice toasted flavor to the energy bar. this is a completely optional step.
- Grind all nuts and seeds in a food processor until coarse.
- Now add the Medjool dates, raisins, rose petals, and desiccated coconut in the food processor and pulse it for a couple of minutes. If you don’t have a food processor, a powerful mixer works just as well. The consistency should be thick and sticky.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Put this combined mixture of dates and dry fruits on it and roll them in desiccated coconut and rose petals. You can cut it into a rectangle or square shape and or you can do round ball shape.
- You can store them in an airtight container or you can wrap the individual pieces in paper wrap.