Here’s another soup recipe for soup lovers. Roasted Creamy Tomato Soup not only looks and smells great, it tests delicious.
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 500gm Roma tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- freshly crushed pepper
- freshly crushed sea salt
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- bay leaf
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. To prepare the garlic for roasting, peel the outer skin from the entire head of garlic. Cut the top of the garlic head off, in order to expose the top of the garlic (make sure that the majority of the garlic is still intact).
- Place the tomato facing up, and garlic side by side on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 60 minutes. Check after thirty minutes to ensure that garlic is not getting dark, when perfectly roasted, the tomatoes and garlic should begin to shrivel and begin to darken.
- Let the tomatoes and garlic cool down for 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven.
- In a large pot using an immersion blender or large blender, blend the tomatoes (with the juices that are accumulated in the pan while roasting), vegetable stock, basil, oregano, fresh cream.
- Simmer in a large pot for 5 minutes with a bay leaf to allow the flavors to come together.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!