Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and is a very strong antioxidant. Turmeric has been used in Asia for thousands of years and is a major part of Ayurveda and Medicine. Turmeric Milk is my Mother’s recipe which she ensures I drink whenever I am down with flu or cold. The same tradition carries on in our family with my daughter and the same with my husband and his mother. I believe Indian cooking has its roots in Ayurveda and therefore a lot of traditional Indian food is known to have health benefits.
Ginger is another herb that is widely used as a spice or a medicine.
When you get cold, you can use 1/2 teaspoon of ginger juice, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and honey mix well and drink it. It will help your throat soothe.
GOLDEN CHEERS, PEOPLE!!
Total Time: 5 minutes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup of cow’s milk or almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon grated turmeric or 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- holy basil-Tulasi, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat the milk in the saucepan with a handle.
- Add turmeric(I used a fresh turmeric but when you don’t have then you can use turmeric powder), ginger, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, holy basil(tulasi) boil them together to get a good aroma and taste.
- Once the milk is boiled, strain into a cup and add honey and stir.
- Drink warm milk, it will soothe your throat.