My husband loves pesto pasta, almost on the same level as Aglio E Olio (Maybe a bit lesser) and since he doesn’t like cream and cheese, I’ve made this recipe without cream and cheese. Although most restaurants serve pesto pasta with less pesto sauce, I personally love it with lots of pesto sauce just like my Hubby.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in the grinder and make a paste.
- Add olive oil to your liking.
- You’ll be able to make 1 cup of pesto sauce.
- Refrigerate for a week to 10 days.
For The Pasta
- 4 cup cooked penne pasta
- 1 cup pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoon toasted pines
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the pan on the stove, add olive oil and pesto sauce and sauté for 2 minutes, then add penne pasta and salt and let it cook for 5 minutes. Once it’s ready, serve hot and garnish with toasted pines and basil leaves on top.
You may also add Parmesan cheese on top.