Masala Chai also knows as Karak Tea in Dubai is a traditional drink that’s very popular in Dubai, GCC, India and the subcontinent. Karak tea can be prepared in many ways, here is the not so common and great tasting way of making karak tea.
Total Time: 12 minutes
Prepration Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tea
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass or gavati chaha or lili chai patti ( These are different names of green tea)
- small ginger piece grated
- In a small pan with a handle, heat half cup of water.
- Let the water come to a boil and then add ginger, lili chai patti, tea, sugar(you can add more or less as per your choice) and then bring to boil.
- Add milk and let it boil for 5 to 7 minutes and then stir the chai in the pot and then remove from the heat.
- Strain into a warm teapot or directly into teacups.
- Serve Chai with biscuits.