I tried making this for 3-4 times now it is perfect to post. I made this aubergine rolls for my husband’s birthday dinner and It was super hit my all friends just love it a lot. It has a perfect taste for parsley and mint. I just love personally mint and parsley. I made 20 aubergine rolls and it was finished in no time. It is a very good appetizer.
This recipe especially I’m posting for my friends!!
Total Time: 35 minutes
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serve: 8 – 10 rolls
- 2 eggplants
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Cauliflower Rice Filling
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon raspberry wine vinegar
- 1 garlic
- salt to taste
Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt to taste
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise into 1cm thick slices. Each Slice brush with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill the slices for approximately 5 minutes until golden in color and tender.
- while the eggplant is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add in the cauliflower rice and sauté for 3-5 minutes until softened. Transfer the cauliflower rice to a bowl and put in the fridge to cool.
- Once the cauliflower rice is cool, stir in the parsley, mint, pine nuts.
- In a small bowl whisk together the 2 tablespoon olive oil, raspberry wine vinegar, and garlic then pour over the cauliflower rice and stir.
- Toast pine nuts in a pinkish color. Cool completely.
- In a blender sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, olive oil, chili powder, garlic and salt to taste and grind a smooth paste.
- To assemble the rolls place 1 to 2 spoons of the cauliflower rice at the wider end of the eggplant slice and roll up. Repeat with the remaining slices.
- To serve drizzle the rolls with the sundried tomato pesto sauce and sprinkle with any additional parsley or pine nuts.